Friday, July 23, 2010

We interrupt our normally scheduled content

I'd been writing a lengthy and detailed post that I was going to post today but quite a bit of it dealt with my UI, it's crowded nature and some mods.  Actually the fact that my UI is/was crowded wasn't the main point and only came up indirectly in my writing because what I was writing about sort of forced the confession out of me.  So earlier today I decided to tackle the root of the problem and build my very own custom UI.  It's actually a pretty big step for me as I've been using the default UI since I started playing WoW 5 years ago.  Outside of a few mods that gave me additional information everything on my screen was stock.  Which means I've been using the default buttons (four on bottom and two on the right side) too.  It really left me very little room on my screen to play with.

I knew generally what I wanted to do in a new UI and I've spent the better part of the afternoon putting it together.  It's minimal and I'll most likely tinker with it some more over the course of the next several days or so but I think I'm off to a good start.

The biggest issue was figuring out Bartender4.  I've got the top bar set to change with my form, but I do need to figure out why I lose my pre-set key-binds on the bar in cat form while stealthed.  Not an emergency but an annoyance and something I definately need to figure out before going too much further.  I also still need to set up profiles for my various specs and I'm not quite sure how to do that yet so it looks like I'll be playing Balance only for a bit.