All Lake Wintergrasp daily quests have been changed to a weekly format. The honor and Stone Keeper's Shards rewarded for completing these quests have been increased to compensate.Except they're not compensating in any way the loss of honor this is going to cost people who continue to play Lake Wintergrasp.
All of this is in direct relation to the horrible lag that often happens during Wintergrasp matches. Wintergrasp has become one of the best means for earning honor, and because it's not instanced it attracts a lot of people. Instead of figuring out how to entice people to run other BGs instead, they decided to de-incentivize players from playing Wintergrasp.
- Wintergrasp Victory now rewards 3000 Honor. (Down from 5000 Honor)
- Wintergrasp Defeat now rewards 1250 Honor. (Down from 3000 Honor)
- Tower Damaged now grants up to 750 Honor. (Down from 1250 Honor)
- Tower Destroyed now grants up to 750 Honor. (Down from 1250 Honor)
- Damaged Building Reward now grants up to 750 Honor. (Down from 1250 Honor)
- Intact Building Defender now grants up to 1500 Honor. (Down from 2500 Honor) (Note: Currently shown as 150 Honor but most likely a typo)
People will continue to do exactly what they are doing now -- running other BGs between Wintergrasps. These changes won't fix the lag but will reduce the honor you earn day to day. Instead of earning 35k honor for completing the victory quest each day per week, you now get a whopping 3k honor per week.
It's an outrageous change that should never have even been considered, let alone foisted on the players who PVP. They're not going to reduce the cost of PVP items to accommodate the loss of honor people will now be able to earn (minor pieces cost 30k+ and major pieces cost 49k+ honor), so you do the math. It'll now take considerably longer to attain honor gear, giving arena players a decided advantage over time for gear.
Bad move Blizzard. Horrible decision making process you've got there. If you want to popularize Lake Wintergrasp as a major selling point of WotLK expansion, then don't be surprised when people play it. If you find your systems can't handle the lag (they're can't), then figure out how to spread people out without this de-incentivization debacle you've now foisted on us. Figure out why people would rather play Wintergrasp than Warsong Gulch and fix that.