Friday, January 1, 2010

Sith in TOR

I haven't blogged about TOR in a while. Mainly because not a whole lot has really been going on there for the past few weeks, but this video from last Friday really caught my attention. It might be a week old, but it's certainly worth watching and listening to the concepts of the sith classes. If you're into that sort of thing, of course. No wussie Jedi's here, friend!



First I'm taken by the clean UI, which looks --shall we say it?-- wow-alike. You at least get a few additional glimpses of the combat abilities that the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor have, though I do admit the classes fall into typical MMO stereotypes. The Sith Warrior as melee DPS, and the Inquisitor as a mostly caster DPS type. To be honest that suits me just fine as Bioware's goal was to give life Sith archetypes and not necessarily break new ground in the quest to create new classes in the MMO-verse. I think my favorite part of the clip is at about the 2 minute mark where you see an Inquisitor take on three NPCs, CC'ing one while using devastating Force Lightning attacks to kill both of the others. Some how I see that being great fun in large battles!