Sunday, June 13, 2010

Things got better

I have no idea what was up with Friday but things got markedly better for me PVP wise since then.  While I still lose my fair share of matches it hasn't been quite so lopsided as it was that day.  In fact I think I've actually won more than I've lost between yesterday and today which is a good thing because I was going out of my mind on Friday.  You can usually tell right off whether it's going to be a good match or not.  If you see groups run to DR and MT that's a good thing.  But if you see a group run to mid instead of pushing on toward either BE or FRR that's a bad thing because mathematically towers are more valuable than flags are.  In fact you never need the flag unless you can only take and hold two towers.

I've tried for weeks over a period of several months to find myself a pre-made group and in all that time I've found exactly one team that runs on either Saturday or Sunday starting at 5pm EST until about 7pm EST which is my dinner and family time.  So I struggle along in the BG PUG group system and take my wins and losses as they come.  But new news on Saturday about the upcoming Cataclysm rated battleground system makes me think pre-mades will be a lot easier to come by in the months to come.

Some additional info thanks to World of Raids:
  • Players will participate in rated battlegrounds by forming their raid group prior to joining the queue.
  • You will only face off against other rated groups.
  • Each week the format for rated battlegrounds will be different. It will rotate between 10, 15 and 25-player battlegrounds.
  • Rating loss will not exist until after a certain threshold.
  • Conquest points will be rewarded for winning rated battlegrounds.
  • There will be a limitation on the number of Conquest points you can earn each week to prevent feeling like you must participate in both arenas and rated battlegrounds.
  • There will be end-of-season rewards for rated BG teams similar to arenas:

    • The classic Honor titles will be coming back and rewarded to the top teams each season.
    • The "Gladiator" equivalent teams will also receive epic ground mounts. Ground mounts because they want to reward something you can ride in the battleground and be proud of / show off.