Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's time for a new project

I like achievements but some times I get a little burned out pursuing them.  That isn't to say that I won't continue to peck away at various achievements on my Paladin and my Druid but during those times I'm just not feeling it I need something else to do.  Normally I PVP but I've got a a near full Wrathful/Relentless on my Ret Paladin and have a full Wrathful/Relentless Resto suit, a partial Wrathful/Relentless Balance suit, and a partial Wrathful/Relents Feral suit on my Druid.  All the upgrades I need on either character will only come with arena points now, and as I'm already doing the daily pvp match most of my honor just goes to buying gems.  And frankly I don't need any more gold.  What I need is another character to play with.

I have my 80 Rogue but I just never really did get into him.  He's fun to play around on every once in a while but if I'm going to take on a project I want it to be thoroughly enjoyable.  Not just fun every once in a while.  I also have a 77 Warlock that I could never get into, my 80 DK, and my 80 Shaman.  The lock falls into the same category as my Rogue and quite frankly I'm over my DK.  I still like the class but I grew tired of the constant major changes every patch.  It's why I switched mains to my Paladin in the first place last Summer.  So I find myself playing on my Shaman who I haven't played on since the beginning on WotLK.  He was the character I was playing at the start of WotLK and who I had to bench to play my DK when the raid needed additional melee.  I intend to gear him out first as Elemental, then dual-spec him and get him geared for either Enhancement which I haven't played since BC.

I have to say I'm having a bit of fun doing this.  Didn't have much experience in PVP on my Shaman, but I can remember when I played him at the beginning on WotLK how frustrating it was to play him in any BG.  I was always so easily killed and I felt very tied to a point on the ground where I dropped my totems.  This time around I was determined to figure out what I was doing wrong because I see Elemental Shaman in BGs all over the place.  And I see them rockin the world.  Right off the bat I can see I should treat Storm, Earth and Fire and Improved Ghost Wolf talents as essential.  Dropping an Earthbind totem that can root and instant cast Ghostwolf form are keys to mobility.  And mobility is the key to survival as Elemental on the battlefield.

Now all I have to do is get some better PVP gear.  Right now I'm wearing a mix of hateful and Naax-10 gear.  I don't currently strike much fear in any BG but given a week or two I'll be changing that.