Sunday, September 14, 2008

WoW Patch 3.0.2

If you haven't heard, Patch 3.0.2 is now on the PTR. It's the harbinger of all things WotLK, and could be taken as another indicator that the November 3rd date that has been floating around recently is accurate. Most WoW players will recall Blizzard did the same thing prior to the Burning Crusade. They released a pre-expansion patch that included the new talent trees and spells.

My download is still ongoing unfortunately. I had started a download last night, but it turns out the link to the patch on the Blizzard PTR download page was actually to a previous patch, as of about 7pm EST last night. I woke up this morning to a friendly note letting me know the patch wasn't needed because my system is already patched. So I had to restart my download this morning and it's currently a little more than half done.

Frankly I'm not sure what to expect when I eventually do load into the PTR. I've been following as much as the Beta news that I can find, and there are several things I am really not happy with. In fact you could say I'm downright upset about some of them. Particularly this awful virtual fourth talent tree that Blizzard is instituting in the Feral tree. But there are other aspects of the patch that I'm excited for and looking forward to test.

I won't belabor my misgivings about the Druid changes here. After all, I'm sure my ire will be peaked later and I'll recount it all here then. For now though I'll simply leave you with a comment I gave to my wife this morning. I remember well the elation I felt prior to the Burning Crusade with the release of patch 1.8. The Druid changes that were made for the BC were something I think all Druids gave resounding cheers to. What a complete turn around it is now. I feel nothing of the elation and excitement for WotLK in regard to Druids that I felt prior to the BC. What a complete and utter let down.