Thursday, August 5, 2010

Remembering SWG

It's not often that I read very complimentary posts about Star Wars Galaxies, but when I do it brings back several positive memories.  I did very much enjoy SWG before the Combat Upgrade In March 2005 was foisted on us.  Even toward the end when the population had dropped to the point where it was hard to find any fun.  And to this day SWG has the best crafting system of any MMO I've yet experienced.  Don't get me wrong, I still think SWG had several severe problems that were mostly the fault of the SOE development staff but the game still had a fun factor that in some ways I still miss today.  Back in February I took a look at SWG and while I can see the underpinnings are mostly still there from my day, sadly it's a game who's glory days are long past.